Chiropractic treatment may be recommended for a variety of reasons from chronic back pain to whiplash caused by a car accident. Chiropractors specialize in spinal health, focusing on the neuromusculoskeletal system. To break that word down into smaller, more easily understood pieces, you have “neuro” meaning nervous system, “musculo” meaning muscles, and “skeletal” meaning bones. When all of these parts work together properly, you experience better health and wellness.
If you’re considering chiropractic treatment for the first time, you may have some questions such as, how much does a chiropractor cost? Does insurance cover chiropractic treatment? Learn the answers to these questions and more.
Average Cost of Chiropractic Treatment
The cost of chiropractic treatment varies based on why you need a chiropractor and the specific treatments and diagnostics you require. The average cost of a chiropractic visit is $65, but it could range anywhere from $30 to a few hundred dollars. The first appointment could cost more if there are diagnostic tests that need to be done to assess your condition and plan your course of treatment. Then each follow up appointment may cost less.
Diagnostic and Imaging
The cost of diagnostic tools and tests can range anywhere from $50-$200 or more. Here are some examples:
- MRI. Magnetic Resonance Imaging gives the chiropractor information about your musculoskeletal system. This may be one of the most expensive diagnostic tests, but it is thorough and provides information that is critical to your treatment.
- EMG. Electromyography measures the function of your muscles and can identify atrophy due to injury or spinal misalignment.
- Radiography. This covers any X-Ray images that are used to assess the current condition of the skeletal system. This may also include CT scans. Radiography tends to be on the less expensive end of the diagnostic tests used by chiropractors.
- Thermography. This measures heat resonating from certain parts of the body, which indicates pain and inflammation.
There are a variety of chiropractic treatments that may be used to correct spinal misalignment and other issues. These chiropractor services may range anywhere from $20-$200.
- Manual adjustment. Your chiropractor may manually adjust your spine and other joints by hand.
- Computerized adjustment. Sometimes chiropractors use a computerized system to pinpoint specific areas that need to be adjusted.
- Ultrasound therapy. By sending ultrasound waves into muscles and joints it can improve function and relax tense muscles.
- Hydrotherapy. This involves the use of hot or cold water to relax muscles, reduce swelling and inflammation, and provide relief of pain.
- Laser treatment. Laser beams sent directly into specific areas can relieve pain and reduce swelling.
- Electrical muscular stimulation. This treatment involves sending electrical pulses to areas to relieve muscle spasms, pain, and swelling.
Is Chiropractic Treatment Worth the Cost?
Many people question the validity of chiropractic treatment. But one of the biggest indicators that chiropractic treatment is valued by the medical community is that insurance now covers it. Not only is this a positive change in the acceptance of the chiropractic field, but also for patients who now have a better chance of affording this treatment with help from their insurance. There are many chiropractic benefits as well, such as improving your overall health and wellness.
Kim Chiropractic and Rehab Provides Services in Centreville, VA
How much does a chiropractor cost? The only way to find out is to inquire at a local practice. If you’re looking for a chiropractor in Centreville, VA or the surrounding area, Kim Chiropractic and Rehab provides quality treatment and a wide range of services. We believe that the systems of the body are all interconnected, and that when you improve your neuromusculoskeletal system with chiropractic treatment, you can improve your overall health. Kim Chiropractic can help you live a healthier, happier life.
Contact us to schedule a consultation. We look forward to providing you with quality chiropractic treatment.